Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My New Adventure... "The Hunt"

Okay, okay, those of you who know me are probably SHOCKED about my "new adventure".  As most of you know, I've never said two words about hunting.  Whether it be deer or duck, I've never thought twice about trying to break into this market... until I held a "hunting" session.  You know what they say, "don't knock it until you've tried it".  So, that's exactly what I did.  I put on three layers of clothes, a nice warm hat, rain boots and headed out to a beautiful lake in Laurel, MS... of course with my camera bag full of goodies.  So, instead of a gun, I used my camera... which was pretty cool.

I wasn't nervous at all.  I felt more excited than a three year old in a candy store.  It was something new.

Tommy, who is a friend I've known since 1998 is the one who hired me to do this session.  He wanted me to capture images of him and "Rowdy" (his 13 year old Black Lab) going on a "duck hunt".  Rowdy has hunted with Tommy ever since he was a puppy.  Rowdy has such a sweet disposition and I loved working with him.

I can't deny it, this shoot was the most fun I've had in a long time.  Just watching how they prepared to hunt and how the dog worked with his "master" was awesome.  It's not something that I could've seen myself shooting when I started my business.  I loved every minute of it and I look forward to shooting "a hunt" again.

Thank you for this amazing first time experience Tommy and Rowdy!  Enjoy your Sneak Peek!
Andrea :D












2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice work! And what a beautiful dog!!! I should fly you here to take pics of Stéphane and Niko!

Andrea said...

Girl, you can fly me anywhere and I will bring my camera, I promise! :D I would LOVE to capture them! :D The dog is so sweet, his name is Rowdy... he's very special to Tommy, the hunter.

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

"My Peeps"