Sunday, October 7, 2012

Liv's 1 Year Old. Really?

Hello Lovelies,

Am I really writing a birthday post for my ONE year old "baby"?  How has twelve months passed so quickly?  Liv is crawling.  And cruising.  And eating solid foods.  And cut three teeth... with three more on the way... and many more after that.

Why does it seem like yesterday I gave birth to the most wonderful, sweetest and best smelling baby on earth?  Yes, even with dried solid foods around her mouth and dirty hands, she still smells like Heaven to me.

Why does it seem like yesterday, I gave birth, snuggled skin to skin for what seemed eternity and then looked over an hour later and saw this?



Why does it have to go so fast?  Liv was so perfect in every way.  I do not take for granted a healthy, screaming, alive baby.  Life is so precious.  Your babies grow up so fast.  

You blink: 

And she is packing her car for college... 
And bringing home that special one she fell head over heels in love with...
And you catch her daydreaming about her wedding...
And you help her pick her wedding dress...
And tuck that loose curl behind her ear as you let the tears fall as you gaze at her in her wedding veil...
And then...
you get to watch your little girl fall in love all over again with your precious grandchildren...


It goes by so fast...


And the sleepless nights, Post-partum Depression, dirty diapers, projectile vomiting, crying for no reason, sponge baths, the ability to hold her with one hand and the smell of baby lotion consume you entirely for months.  And you don't realize it's worth it at the time, but as they get older, you start missing all of the newborn stuff.


Why does it have to go by so fast?



Liv smiling more and more made me realize she was growing up... fast.



The love you have for your children is amazing...



And the memories you get to watch your children make with their grandparents warms your heart...  (The horse ride with Mimaw- every grandchild gets to do this with her)




I love snuggling with this baby girl...



And then it's here...
her 1st birthday...
She's 1.
ONE.

How did a year go by so fast...
I pray I didn't miss anything...
I pray that I indulge in every special moment of my children's lives...

Liv's 1st birthday portrait... or a few shots I should say...
Sparky took the girls to gymnastics and we had the entire
evening to ourselves.  So, I grabbed my camera and her birthday outfit
and a bag full of Cheerios and headed to our lake.

It was beautiful and she was sleepy, 
but I just sat back and watched her munch on 
Cheerios and play with the grass and truly
indulge in this moment with her...
it was perfect.






Now, I'm going to go spend the day with my ONE year old daughter, Liv, along with my other girls and Sparky. :)))

XOXOXOXO
Andrea















No comments:

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

"My Peeps"